Shelbourne Physiotherapy Covid 19 Safety Plan
In order to ensure that we all remain safe, we want you to know that we have implemented a few changes to our Covid Safety Procedures:
MASKS ARE MANDATORY TO ENTER THE CLINIC
1. We would appreciate you arriving for your appointment on time. If you are more than 5 minutes early, please wait in your car. Once it is almost your appointment time you may enter the clinic and check in for your appointment. We ask that you use the hand sanitizer on the front desk upon entering the clinic. If the appropriately spaced chairs in the waiting room are occupied, please wait in the hall until you are shown to your room. Protective shields have been installed at the desk. We ask that in interacting with our receptionists, you do so from behind the shields.
2. There is one point of entry into the clinic at main reception and 2 separate exits you will be directed to by your physiotherapist upon exiting your appointment.
3. To minimize contact and time spent in the waiting room, we ask that patients provide their extended health plan information and credit card information to our receptionists prior to their appointment, either by phone or upon arrival. This information will be kept on file in our encrypted system that will only be accessed to pay for your appointments. If you prefer to pay in person, that is also fine.
4. All contact surfaces in rooms will be fully cleaned and pillow cases changed prior to your entry into your treatment room. We have removed all blankets and unnecessary soft furnishings and magazines. Your physiotherapist has 2 rooms assigned to them to treat only their patients, so you will see them in 1 of these 2 rooms each time you see them.
5. Your physiotherapist will be wearing a mask and gloves during your appointment in compliance with infection control procedures. We expect you to attend your appointment in a mask, even if home made.
6. You will be shown to your room once it is time for your appointment , and when your appointment is finished, shown to the exit nearest you.
7. A COVID 19 Screening Questionnaire will be emailed to you prior to your appointment, and must be completed before treatment.
These procedures are subject to change/be modified pending B.C. Physiotherapy College guidelines and Provincial Health Office Guidelines soon to be released.