Shelbourne Physiotherapy Re-Opening Plan
We are pleased to announce that we will be Re-Opening Shelbourne Physiotherapy for in clinic appointments on Tuesday May 19th. We will implement a staggered start to our return with many Physiotherapists starting on the 19th and the rest on June 1st - 15th. Massage Therapy visits and Small Group Pilates Classes will resume on June 1st as well.
In order to ensure a safe return for all, we want you to know that we have implemented a few changes to our procedures:
1. We would appreciate you arriving for your appointment on time. If you are more than 5 minutes early, please wait in your car. Once it is almost your appointment time you may enter the clinic and check in for your appointment. We ask that you use the hand sanitizer on the front desk upon entering the clinic. If the appropriately spaced chairs in the waiting room are occupied, please wait in the hall until you are shown to your room. Protective shields have been installed at the desk. We ask that in interacting with our receptionists, you do so from behind the shields.
2. There is one point of entry into the clinic at main reception and 2 separate exits you will be directed to by your physiotherapist upon exiting your appointment.
3. To minimize contact and time spent in the waiting room, we ask that patients provide their extended health plan information and credit card information to our receptionists prior to their appointment, either by phone or upon arrival. This information will be kept on file in our encrypted system that will only be accessed to pay for your appointments. If you prefer to pay in person, that is also fine.
4. All contact surfaces in rooms will be fully cleaned and pillow cases changed prior to your entry into your treatment room. We have removed all blankets and unnecessary soft furnishings and magazines. Your physiotherapist has 2 rooms assigned to them to treat only their patients, so you will see them in 1 of these 2 rooms each time you see them.
5. Your physiotherapist will be wearing a mask and gloves during your appointment in compliance with infection control procedures. We expect you to attend your appointment in a mask, even if home made.
6. You will be shown to your room once it is time for your appointment , and when your appointment is finished, shown to the exit nearest you.
These procedures are subject to change/be modified pending B.C. Physiotherapy College guidelines and Provincial Health Office Guidelines soon to be released.
Our team of Victoria & Saanich Physiotherapists, Kinesiologists, Acupuncturists, Clinical Pilates Instructors, Dedicated Pelvic Floor Health Physiotherapists, Specially Trained Vestibular & Concussion Physiotherapists and Registered Massage Therapists are all highly trained and continually upgrade their skills to stay current with advances in medical research, fitness, pelvic floor health, Vestibular, balance, exercise & rehabilitation. We have been serving Victoria, Saanich and Oak Bay area patients for over 20 years.
We help people to maintain an active lifestyle and reach their full potential.
Try our new Radial Shockwave Therapy - great for Plantar Fascitis, Achilles Tendonitis & Tennis Elbow
TMJ Jaw Physiotherapy offered by specially trained Physiotherapists Nina Bai, Ruan Le Roux and Jennifer Kolot
Kids and Adult Scoliosis Physiotherapy offered by experienced and specially trained Physiotherapist Penny Salmas
We have partnered with ICBC and Accept ICBC Claims for Physiotherapy (25 Visits Pre Approved) and Kinesiology (12 Visits Pre Approved) to help you recover.
Victoria Kinesiologist Larry Muir is Certified in Kinetic Link Training
Early Morning and Evening Physiotherapy Appointments Available!
New Clinical Osteofit Classes starting at our Gordon Head Rec Centre Clinic
We are pleased to welcome experienced Physiotherapist and Clinical Pilates Instructor Robyn Elliot, Physiotherapist and Competitive Biker Elyse Nieuwold, Physiotherapist Hilary Beck, Physiotherapist Kira Crover, experienced Pelvic Floor Physiotherapist Miriam Haustein, experienced Clinical Pilates, Dancer and Orthopedic Physiotherapist Alex Thompson, Physiotherapist Mary-Anne Levson, FCAMPT Physiotherapist Faraley Vander Schilden, and FCAMPT Physiotherapist Kathy Murdoch to our Saanich & Victoria clinics!
Take an active role in your health! NEW PILATES CLASSES starting Winter 2020! CALL THE STUDIO: 250-598-9828 Extension 2 or check out our Pilates Schedule below. We are pleased to welcome Experienced Pilates Instructors Danielle O'Reilly, Stephanie Cadman, Helen Mason & Chris Csak to our studio!
Registered Massage Therapists (RMT) now working at our Gordon Head Rec Centre Clinic(including Saturdays) and Cook Street Clinic afternoons and evenings.
We gladly accept patients with ICBC or WCB/WorksafeBC claims, DVA, DND and RCMP for Physiotherapy.