What is a Kinesiologist?
Kinesiologists are specialists in providing appropriate exercise therapy to clients with musculoskeletal, cardio respiratory and metabolic conditions. They are able to assess and prescribe exercise for people with medical conditions and functional limitations to help them improve their health and function.
Kinesiologists practice in many areas of specialty including exercise therapy, rehabilitation, wellness, ergonomics, health and safety and disability management.
When to Choose a Kinesiologist
• If you have an injury, disability or medical condition(s) and want to improve your health and fitness in a safe progressive manner.
• If you have or our undergoing medical treatment (Physiotherapy, Chiropractic, etc) and want to increase your level of fitness.
• Have a referral from a Doctor to begin active rehabilitation or work conditioning.
• Goals are better health (inside and out), better quality of life, improved movement ability.
• If you want to learn how to manage your condition(s) with physical activity and lifestyle changes.
Exercise Rehabilitation in Victoria
Our Registered Kinesiologists Heidi Nottelman, Kira Graham, Evan Rogers, Arlen Osborne and Anna-Marie DeZwager can help you recover from your injuries or improve your fitness levels.
Kinesiology can help with patients suffering from the following conditions;
- soft tissue injuries including bursitis and tendonitis
- pre and post surgical rehabilitation
- pre and post joint replacement
- neck and back pain
- ICBC post motor vehicle accident recovery
- sports related injuries
- muscle weakness
- joint stiffness
- poor posture
- post stroke rehabilitation
- balance issues
Our experienced Kinesiologists develop individual rehabilitation programs for patients with chronic musculoskeletal conditions/injuries to ensure they return to sport/hobbies/daily activities faster and at the same level they were prior to injury,
Conditions could include;
- Ligament tears/sprains
- Muscle tears/strains
- Chronic back, hip, knee conditions
- Poor core strength
At Shelbourne Physiotherapy we take a collaborative approach to musculoskeletal rehabilitation and our Registered Kinesiologists work very closely with our Physiotherapists to ensure an optimal rehabilitation program is obtained for the patient. This approach ensures an overall reduced number of treatment sessions with a better end result for patients.