WHAT IS TELEHEALTH?
Due to the recent health crisis, we at Shelbourne Physiotherapy have been working on a safe, effective means of providing Physiotherapy services via Telehealth (aka video conferencing). Care during these treatments may be a bit different than usual. These bookings will include a medical history, history of your current problem, objective exam (where your practitioner may ask to see how you move in different ways), sound education, advice, as well as exercise prescription designed specifically to aid in your current problem. Due to the nature of the conference we are not able to offer manual therapy, massage, IMS dry needling, and Electrophysical agents. While we are unable to offer you the value of healing touch, we are pleased to be able to provide you with an opportunity to speak with one of our expert clinicians who can guide you through your pain or rehabilitation journey.
Most of our Physiotherapists are available to provide tele-rehab. If your current Physiotherapist is not offering tele-health, feel free to book with another of your expert Physios who can guide you through your pain and rehab journey at this time.
Once you have booked your appointment, you will receive an email confirmation with step by step instructions on how to log into your appointment.
HOW TO BOOK?
Please call in to (250) 598- 9828 and our receptionist will book you in for your first Telehealth appointment. Whether you are New to the clinic or returning for a follow-up visit, we ask that you all Book the Initial Telehealth Physiotherapy (45 min) session to allow for time for this transition in your care. You may discuss future booking options with your Therapist (we are offering 30 min, 45 min, and 60 min follow-ups based on your needs).
Preparing for your upcoming Telehealth Appointment
- Once you have booked, please follow these simple steps before your upcoming telehealth appointment to ensure you are set up for success!
- Our platform works best with either google chrome or safari web browers - please ensure you have one of these installed on your computer
- Our platform requires you to have created an account in Jane (our scheduling platform) and that you are logged in at the time of your booking. Please make sure you have created an account and have completed the Intake
- Form and Consent section that has been created. All mandatory fields much be completed in order to fulfill the requirements laid out the Canadian Physiotherapy Association (CPA) to conduct Telehealth.
- Preparing your environment for your call
- Ensure you have a space that is clear with room to move around
- Have a space that is well-lit
- Camera Angle - you may be asked to shift this throughout your appointment so your therapist can observe different angles, movements, or body parts
- Ensure you are in a quiet, distraction free environment
- Test your webcam and microphone beforehand (consider using wireless headphones / mic)
Your Step-by-step guidelines to connecting with your therapist at the time of your appointment
Logging into your appointment
- If you have received an Appointment Reminder email, it will include a direct link to login into the “My Account” area on Jane & get ready for your upcoming online appointment
- Alternatively, you can access this same area by logging into your account by visiting your clinic’s Jane site, using the Sign In/Sign Up button in the top right-hand corner.
- The URL to the clinic’s Jane site is: https://shelbournephysiotherapy.janeapp.com
- We also offer a direct link to our Jane online booking site on our clinic website https://www.shelbournephysio.ca
- Once you have logged into your account, you will want to navigate to the Upcoming Appointments tab on the left-hand side, then click the blue Begin button next to today’s appointment.
- On the next page, you will see a quick reminder to use the right browser and a fast internet connection for the video call. Jane and the clinic will need your consent before your video call begins. To provide it, click the “I Consent” button.
- We recommend you use the latest stable version of Chrome or Firefox as well as a fast internet connection. If you’re having trouble with your Online Appointment, refer to this troubleshooting guide: https://jane.app/guide//troubleshooting-your-online-appointment
- After clicking “I Consent”, your call will commence in a separate window.
- Once you have joined the call, you will be able to:
- Mute or unmute your audio
- Enable or disable the video camera
- Send messages to the other participant
- For your security and privacy, Jane’s Online Appointment is not designed to record or store audio or video and all electronic audio and video communication will be encrypted in transit.
Once you are in your appointment:
Here’s what each of the icons do, starting from the left:
- Screen share - A picture is worth a thousand words and sharing your screen with your practitioner helps share that information easier!
- Raise hands - Click this to politely let the practitioner know that you want to speak.
- Text Chat Window - Use this to chat with your practitioner through text and emojis
- Mute/Unmute - Great for those moments when you need to mute sounds during the call
- Leave call - When you’re finished with your call, click here or simply close the tab.
- Enable/Disable video - Click here to enable or disable your video
- Tile View - Tile view lets you see everyone side by side
- Profile - Want to change your name in the chat
- Change video quality (High, Normal, Low, Low bandwidth) - If you’re finding the video a little choppy, lower the video quality here to help maintain a smooth online appointment
- View full screen
- Blur my background - Great little beta feature to hide your background. You’ll still show up but we’ll do our best to hide everything around you
- Settings - Opens the window to see all the settings mentioned above
*When you are ready to end the call, click the red Leave Call button at the bottom of the screen.
Thank you for spending the time to visit our Telehealth website!
We look forward to seeing you in our Virtual Clinic soon!
Still LOST? Please call our Receptionist as (250)-598-9828 and we would be happy to help guide you on how to book via Telehealth or via our Emergency clinic bookings during this time.
We have also provided here for you a link to the Step by Step Instructions from the Jane website (includes pictures!)