Shelbourne Physiotherapy Covid 19 Safety Plan
In order to ensure that we all remain safe, we want you to know that we have implemented a few changes to our Covid Safety Procedures:
MASKS ARE MANDATORY TO ENTER THE CLINIC
1. We would appreciate you arriving for your appointment on time. If you are more than 5 minutes early, please wait in your car. Once it is almost your appointment time you may enter the clinic and check in for your appointment. We ask that you use the hand sanitizer on the front desk upon entering the clinic. If the appropriately spaced chairs in the waiting room are occupied, please wait in the hall until you are shown to your room. Protective shields have been installed at the desk. We ask that in interacting with our receptionists, you do so from behind the shields.
2. There is one point of entry into the clinic at main reception and 2 separate exits you will be directed to by your physiotherapist upon exiting your appointment.
3. To minimize contact and time spent in the waiting room, we ask that patients provide their extended health plan information and credit card information to our receptionists prior to their appointment, either by phone or upon arrival. This information will be kept on file in our encrypted system that will only be accessed to pay for your appointments. If you prefer to pay in person, that is also fine.
4. All contact surfaces in rooms will be fully cleaned and pillow cases changed prior to your entry into your treatment room. We have removed all blankets and unnecessary soft furnishings and magazines. Your physiotherapist has 2 rooms assigned to them to treat only their patients, so you will see them in 1 of these 2 rooms each time you see them.
5. Your physiotherapist will be wearing a mask and gloves during your appointment in compliance with infection control procedures. We expect you to attend your appointment in a mask, even if home made.
6. You will be shown to your room once it is time for your appointment , and when your appointment is finished, shown to the exit nearest you.
7. A COVID 19 Screening Questionnaire will be emailed to you prior to your appointment, and must be completed before treatment.
These procedures are subject to change/be modified pending B.C. Physiotherapy College guidelines and Provincial Health Office Guidelines soon to be released.
Shelbourne Physiotherapy, Pilates & Massage is a locally owned health company with locations in beautiful Victoria & Saanich, British Columbia. Our clinics offer Physiotherapy, IMS (Intramuscular Stimulation) & Dry Needling, Kinesiology, Athletic Therapy, Exercise Rehabilitation, Massage Therapy, Sports Rehabilitation, Pelvic Floor Pilates Classes and Research, Post-Operative Rehabilitation, Vestibular, Dizziness & Balance Rehabilitation, Women's health (peri-partum and incontinence), Acupuncture, Hydrotherapy, Scoliosis Treatment, Clinical Osteofit Classes, Osteoporosis Treatment, Aquatherapy, Pool Therapy, Real Time Ultrasound, Arthritis and Osteoarthritis Treatment, Electrical Modalities, Pelvic Floor Physio, Pelvic Pain Physiotherapy, Incontinence Treatment, Thoracic Ring Approach Physiotherapy Treatment, Sports Physiotherapy, Chronic Pain Treatment, Shockwave Therapy (ESWT), Aquatic Therapy, Yoga, Yogalates, Saanich Physiotherapy, Polestar Pilates, Stott Pilates, Clinical Pilates, Scoliosis Treatment, Kinetic Link Training KLT and Custom Knee Bracing, Physiocanhelp.ca.
Our clinics are approved providers for WorksafeBC (WCB) Physiotherapy and ICBC Physiotherapy, Kinesiology & Rehabilitation. We are proud members of the Canadian Physiotherapy Association (CPA), the Canadian Academy of Manipulative Therapy(CAMPT), Sport Physiotherapy Canada, SportmedBC, British Columbia Association of Kinesiologists (BCAK), Canadian Society for Exercise Physiology (CSEP), Vestibular Disorders Association, ISST International Schroth 3D Scoliosis Therapy, International Society for Medical Shockwave Treatment (ISMST), Think Local Victoria, Canadian Federation of Independent Business(CFIB), the Orthopaedic Division of the CPA and the Physiotherapy Association of British Columbia (PABC) We have a clinic located in Saanich
Shelbourne Physiotherapy staff provide clinical instruction at our Victoria Clinic for students in the UBC Faculty of Medicine. We are an accredited facility for UBC Dept. of Physical Therapy Student Practicums.
Our Saanich & Victoria Physiotherapy clinics are modern and provide a relaxed healing atmosphere with private rooms available. Many Physiotherapy clinics in Victoria work out of a single room or a basement that does not offer the equipment, resources or space to help you recover properly. Our convenient locations make our clinics easy to access from all the neighbourhoods of Victoria, Saanich, Esquimalt and Oak Bay such as Dockside Green, Fairfield, James Bay, Oaklands, Fernwood, Harris Green, Jubilee, Hillside Quadra, Gonzales, Rockland, Gordon Head, Cadboro Bay, Uplands, Downtown Victoria, Cordova Bay, Arbutus, Camosun College Lansdowne Campus and the Songhees. We offer appointment times ranging from 7:00AM to 7:00PM for your convenience. Our Multidisciplinary Health Clinic is located right across the street from the Hillside Shopping Centre. we share a building with the Shelbourne Medical Centre which has a walk in clinic and many great General Practitioners.
We are a friendly, local Victoria & Saanich owned and community based health company designed to meet your individual needs. Our mission is to provide Physiotherapy and related services to the communities of Victoria, Saanich, Oak Bay, Victoria West and Esquimalt and help keep these residents active and healthy. We strive to creatively and professionally maximize client functioning and promote life-long wellness.
Our experienced and dedicated evidence based Health Care Professionals include Victoria & Saanich Physiotherapists Penny Salmas, Jennifer Kolot, Mark Gottfried, Christine Carrat, Nicole Gill, Mohsen Mirzaie, Robyn Elliot, Holly Mallari, Elyse Nieuwold, Meena Sran, Phil Lawrence, Jessica Shave, Cody McEvay, Kathy Murdoch, Ruan Le Roux, Nina Bai, Kira Crover, Hilary Beck, Ignacio Parodi and Blair Braz. Our experienced Victoria BC Kinesiologists include Kira Crover, Heidi Nottelman, Our experienced Victoria & Saanich BC Registered Massage Therapists include Taryn Krizan, Selena Curvelo, Jennifer Koebernick, Kathy Pantalon, T'airah Bowker RMT, Molly Scott, Jessica Bundy RMT, Laura Jones and Rebekah Neubert. Our Victoria Athletic Therapists are Tegan Johnson and Cheryl Mah. Our Certified Victoria Pilates and Yoga Instructors include Chantelle Shah-Poulin, Lisa Hostman, Danielle O'Reilly, Stephanie Cadman & Chris Csak,